Ingersoll Rand Distribution Supervisor in BRIDGETON, Missouri
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the shipping and receiving including leading, planning and organizing hourly team members to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas in a fast paced distribution environment.
- Ensure timely unloading, receiving, storage and delivery of material to the production areas
- Ensure shipping functions are performed safely and in accordance with established EHS procedures
- Implement and carry out standard work across the functions
- Drive continuous improvement activities in all functional areas
- Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff requirements.
- Motivate staff to make an effective and efficient team
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Performs other duties as assigned
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
- In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution).
- Be a dedicated change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment while demonstrating lean methodologies.
- Must be a flexible, conclusive and enthusiastic problem solver.
- Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and must provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Must be proficient at conflict resolution
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout the organization
- Must be resourceful, can find solutions to unusual problems and meet customer needs
- Must have good understanding of manufacturing material flow
- Good leadership skills to drive continuous improvements in the shipping & warehouse operations
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent supervisory skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations, warehouse/distribution with previous leadership experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and other shipping software.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: BRIDGETON-Missouri
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 8, 2018, 10:10:31 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.