Kelly Services Senior Plant Biologist in Creve Coeur, Missouri
Seeking a Senior Plant Biologist to:
• Support the design, execution and analysis of experiments to better understand/characterize the physiological & developmental response of crop plants to various treatments aiming to improve plant performance and to drive the discovery, development and deployment of novel technologies;
• Support the design, execution, and analysis of experiments to develop novel tissue-culture processes;
• Support design workflows and studies, collect, record, and interpret data appropriately;
• Collaborate with other scientists on the team and support deployment of technologies globally;
• Complete job-related trainings and share a culture of safety, innovation, customer focus & collaboration;
Qualifications / Requirements:
• PhD or MS with 2 or more years of research experience in Crop/Plant Physiology, Plant Developmental Biology, Plant Cell Biology, Tissue culture and Transformation, Plant Biochemistry or related field;
• Extensive experience with plant tissue culture and transformation processes;
• A high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills;
• Willingness to travel up to 10% of time...typically conduct field trials over the summer and would utilize the position to help with those trials. Travel would be to production sites in Iowa and Illinois. Trips would include overnight stays and could last up to a week.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)