Union Pacific Manager I Mechanical Maintenance in De Soto, Missouri
Direct the maintenance of freight cars in assigned territory to ensure a safe and efficient operation to meet customer requirements and company business objectives.
- Ensure safe performance of all car maintenance employees through development, implementation and execution of the safety process.
- Plan and manage car maintenance operations within budget, including labor, material and AAR billing.
- Direct the overall maintenance of freight cars to ensure safe, reliable, defect-free equipment which meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Assess needs and implement training plan for car maintenance forces.
- Manage the maintenance of emergency equipment and respond to emergency situations and service interruptions.
- Ensure that the customer expectations are met through consistent interface with the customers recognizing their needs, developing programs to meet their needs, and managing the production of quality equipment for their use.
- Ensure that car forces on the assigned territory are able to produce a quality product through utilization of employee involvement activities such as QITs, UPCAT and safety committees.
- Manage activities of the car maintenance forces so that maintenance operation is responsive to the needs of customers in coordination with HDC, NCSC, and Service Design.
- A Bachelor Degree
- 4 year(s) experience in train operations as a Carman Apprentice/Carman
- 4 year(s) experience in Railroad operations as a Locomotive Foreman/Electrician Foreman
With more than 8,000 locomotives and 107,000 freight cars, mechanics at all career levels can find opportunities at Union Pacific’s many shops. Mechanical employees inspect, repair and maintain freight cars and locomotives. By ensuring the equipment is in good working order, Union Pacific can offer safe, reliable transport of customer goods.
Union Pacific is one of America’s premier transportation and logistics companies, linking 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serving many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities. Generations of Americans have built successful careers at Union Pacific and in the process, they’ve helped build a nation – delivering lumber for our homes, food for our tables, energy for our power plants and the countless raw materials and finished goods that supply the American way of life.
Location: De Soto, MO
Closing Date: 09/21/2018 at 11:59 PM Central Time
Job Open To: Internal and External Candidates