SSM Health PC-LAN Analyst in Fenton, Missouri
This position is responsible for providing efficient and effective management, design and administration of SSM Health’s (SSMH) local area and wireless networks. This position works under the guidance of the IS Manager and Lead Technical Analyst to provide support of Information Technology and participates in project activities. The primary objective of the position is to ensure the integrity, efficiency, connectivity and reliability of the SSMH data network environment to support the Information Systems strategic plan.
- Maintains and provides technical support for applications, PC operating systems, PC hardware and related peripherals, software and telephony (including Cisco and Skype for Business Voice-over IP).
- Promotes standards and procedures for selection, implementation, integration and support of systems.
- Knowledge and support of Active Directory tools including, but not limited to: group membership, creating groups, running scripts to move users, running scripts to create generic IDs, running scripts to set auto logon & lock down accounts to specific computer, basic understanding of GPO’s and software deployment, granting access to folders on computer for special software; creating new file shares & granting rights appropriately
- Knowledge and support of multiple operating systems, including but not limited to: Windows, iOS and Android.
- Works as a team member to promote a responsive, customer-oriented services delivery team.
- Work with Network Services to implement and maintain technology standards for WAN and LAN connectivity and all infrastructure components required to maintain a highly available network, applies updates as needed to satisfy network/security requirements.
- Provides assistance with architectural and electronical contractor drawing as related to campus projects for optimal installation of IT-related equipment.
- Assists users in the selection, acquisition, and installation of network applications or hardware/software, based on their requirements and the standards set by the SSM Integrated Health Technologies (IHT)
- Assists other network analysts/technicians and operations staff members in solving network/telephony communication, clinical and business issues, including but not limited to the Epic electronic health record.
- Required to use the SSM standard tracking system for incident reporting, change control items projects and requests.
- Provides feedback to the department and director when actively participating on teams or when representing the department in meetings.
- Interacts effectively with entity departmental directors and staff, and all IHT staff, resulting in objectives being accomplished.
- Maintains accuracy for equipment and asset tracking and inventory control.
- Maintains the integrity of file share permissions, utilization and security to SSMHC standards.
- Ensuring that network devices are maintained with current virus protection and software patches per IHT policy.
- Assistance in the maintenance and support the phone systems (including VoIP for Cisco and Skype for Business), cellular phone security policies, and audio visual equipment and meeting support.
- Will work flexible hours as needed, including off hours and on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in related field
- At least one year of IT technical/application experience.
SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies –
At SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies, information systems and clinical engineering systems come together to form a hub of technology for SSM Health - an integrated delivery network with hospitals in four states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. It is based in St. Louis with locations throughout our system. It has been honored four times with Missouri Quality Awards since 2002 and has been recognized as a national leader in the adoption of an electronic health record.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18014331
Primary Location: Missouri-Fenton-SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton (0113) 1055 Bowles Avenue Fenton, 63026
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63026
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Days
Normal work hours: Information Technology
Job: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
Organization: SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton (0113) 1055 Bowles Avenue Fenton, 63026