Universal Forest Products Industrial Maintenance Technician in Harrisonville, Missouri
Starting wages Up to $30.00 an hour depending on the level of experience and qualifications
Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and tools, and the preparation, usage and maintenance of woodworking tooling.
Works under general supervision; relies on experience and general instructions to perform the functions of the job.
- Follows prints diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Locate source of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation: listening for problems and using testing instruments
- Repairs woodworking machinery, infeed/outfeed systems, and forklifts in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals and manufacturer specifications.
- Performs regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, tools and building.
- Prepares and maintains tooling for all machines.
- Performs set ups, tune ups and runs equipment and machinery around the plant.
- Inspecting and replacing hydraulic and pneumatic hoses.
- Perform complete machine tear downs and rebuilds.
- Experience with machine shop equipment and welding.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety rules and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs duties consistent with hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled