Aerotek Buyer in Hazelwood, Missouri
This position will be coordinating the procurement and inventory of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization by performing the following duties.
· Coordinates all activities related to procurement with intent to purchase through delivery.
· Analyzes the requirements, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date required.
· Solicits and evaluates proposals.
· Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
· Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
· Negotiates the lowest possible cost balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
· Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
· Assures on time delivery, at the negotiated price, and to agreed quality standards.
· Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
· Collects, analyzes, and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;.
· Develops and coordinates project plans;-Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
· Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
· Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values; and respects diversity.
· Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions. Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands.
· Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Develops realistic action plans.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Perform other purchasing/procurement duties
Consolidate procurement and supplier performance indicators
Provide procurement and cost reporting
Interpret contracts associated with procurement activities
Maintain procurement records in SAP
Qualifying new suppliers for the organizations procurement activities
Make procurement policies and procedures
Develop purchase orders and contracts
Managing the procurement process from purchase order creation through delivery of goods
Execute sourcing strategies and procurement of goods and services
Manage supplier relationships and administer supplier contracts
Boost procurement efficiency and performance
Provide support in all procurement/contract related functions
Prepare purchase orders or bid requests
Support the procurement process from procure
Conduct related center procurement audits
Receive ordered products on time to meet operational requirements
Update the appropriate procurement tool and complete all procurement follow-up activities
Implement sourcing/procurement strategies to support corporate ob
Demonstrated Spoken/Written proficiency in both English and Spanish is preferred.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.