EY Senior Experience Designer in Jefferson City, Missouri
Senior Experience Designer
Core Business Services
Requisition # UNI00I8X
Post Date 4 days ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Technology is at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and are key to our innovation as an organization.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are vital to innovation at scale. As part of Client Technology, you’ll work with technologists and business experts, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
• Guides the design of new digital user experiences and enhancements to existing digital experiences, managing project deliverables and serving as the key day-to-day client contact for design
• Draws from customer insights and business objectives to inform the design direction of digital products, leading the production of complex wireframes and prototypes to enhance the level of engagement and satisfaction that a user derives from the product
Your key responsibilities
• Manages client and project expectations and schedules, serving as the key day-to-day client contact for design and leader of internal project teams
• Oversees medium/large engagements of cross-functional teams, managing and reviewing project deliverables, ensuring that the voice of the client is integrated into the team’s delivery approach
• Manages and grows Digital reports including UX Designer and Visual Designer reports
• Generates and evaluates design concepts, assists with primary research and collaborates on research plans, leveraging advanced technical knowledge
• May manage and grow direct reports by providing guidance and advice and may take an active role in mentoring others within and across disciplines
• Designs and facilitates team and client workshops, project phase and client goals
• Anticipates future project demands, identifies potential business opportunities on existing projects and scopes, plans and supports new business efforts, actively contributing to the sales process
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong knowledge of UX design: Wireframes, Information Architecture, Usability
• Maintains a deep understanding of Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite
• Demonstrates a depth of technical knowledge in discipline through internal and external projects
• Digital Accessibility Non-Functional Requirements:
o Keyboard Access and Visual Focus: All content and functionality should be available through a keyboard. Keyboard focus should be visible and should follow a logical order through the page elements.
o Page Title and Language: The page title should adequately and briefly describe the content of the page and should be different from other pages on the website. Primary language of every page and language changes should be indicated.
o Headings: The page should have at least one heading. It should be marked up correctly as a heading and the heading hierarchy should be meaningful.
o Images: Every image should include alt in the markup. If an image conveys information useful, then it needs alternative text. If an image is just decorative, then it should have null alt (alt="").
o Contrast, Color, Appearance: The page should have a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 for normal-size text. Color alone should not be used to convey information.
o Resizing, Magnification, Responsiveness: Users should be able to enlarge web content. The design should be responsive.
o Links, Buttons, Controls, Navigation, Skip Link: Links, buttons and controls should be recognizable and coded correctly. Clear and consistent navigation options should be provided. A skip link that allows users to skip to content should be available.
o Forms, Labels, Errors: Forms should be keyboard accessible. Form controls should have labels. Required fields and other instructions should be clearly indicated. Error handing should be clear and simple.
o Tables and Lists: Tables should have HTML markup that indicates header cells and data cells and defines their relationship. List elements should be used for list content.
o Multimedia (Audio and Video), Animation, Moving content: Captions/subtitles, transcript, and/or audio description should be provided appropriately for audio and video media. Keyboard access for media player controls, animations, carousels and other moving content should be available.
o Structure, Meaning, Reading Order, Global Code: Content should be well-structured to allow efficient navigation and processing. Mark-up should be used for headings, lists, tables, etc. to better structure content. Reading order should be reflected in the code order.
o Touch: Touch interactions should be supported. When phone is in scope, phone interactions should be supported.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognition Psychology, Cognitive Science, Informatics, Design, or related field preferred
• 7-10 years applied experience in user-centred design process for complex products or services. Portfolio to demonstrate relevant experience required.
• Significant UX design experience in a web and/or digital product environment
• Applied experience and working proficiency in at least one area of user research or discovery. Example relevant experience includes usability testing (remote and in-person), survey design, ethnography, metrics, personas, and journey maps.
• Highly skilled in information architecture, task flows, mental models, and conceptual design
• Ability to translate conceptual design into low-fidelity UI wireframes and prototypes
• Highly skilled in applying UI best practices and standards
• Experience designing and delivering innovative solutions for complex systems and domains
• Familiarity with latest design tools such as Axure, Invision, and Sketch
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience with pattern libraries and design systems
• Familiarity with user experience metrics and analytics tools
• Enterprise product strategy and design
• Experience working with Agile product development process
• Experience in financial or related industries
What we look for
• A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.