Veritas Senior Software Engineer - Front End Angular in Jefferson City, Missouri
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
We are looking for candidates who have experience with web based UI design and development. You should also have an eye for great design and a knack for pushing projects from conception all the way to customers.
The Sr. Software Engineer will productively work in a highly collaborative agile team, coach junior team members, actively participate in knowledge sharing all while communicating across teams in a multinational environment.
In this role, you will bring concepts to life. You will be required to:
- Understand business requirements, and create mockups
- Determine design choices to ensure good user experience
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Deliver required features over a span of two-weeks sprints. This is an Agile development team with JIRA workflow.
- Develop & implement responsive websites using Angular, TypeScript, HTML/SCSS with a focus on ease of use, performance and maintainability.
- Fix bugs, code review and attend daily scrum calls.
Minimum Required Skills include:
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Full understanding of file systems, storage and cloud technologies, emerging standards and engineering best practices
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Designs, develops and maintains high quality code for product components, focusing on implementation.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns
- Skills in scripting languages such as Python or Powershell
- Proficient in API fundamentals and best practices
- Skills with Office Application Suite Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio, both in use and automation
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge of operating Systems: Windows/Linux
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
Desired Skills include:
- Experience as a Front-end developer with at least 4 years of modern front-end UI framework such as Angular, React, Vue.
- UX Design experience
- Experience with responsive web design
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience working with tools like Jasmine, Karma, Gulp, Grunt and Protractor
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
- Ability to collaborate with various teams to implement innovative and viable solutions for commercial product and internal tool user interfaces
- Ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
Bonus Skills include:
- Experience with C#
- Experience with SQL Server
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .