Ducommun Production Scheduler in Joplin, Missouri
Ducommun is a global provider of manufacturing and engineering services, developing innovative electronic, engineered and structural solutions for complex applications in aerospace, defense and industrial markets. Our full-service collaborative approach, broad capabilities and value-added services like new product introduction, supply chain strategies and program management deliver value for our customers and innovative solutions for their complex electronic and structural needs.
Job Summary & Essential Functions:
Executes planned and prepared production schedules aligned to S&OP, Master Schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials meet production and customer service requirements. Execute product detail schedules for reporting status, priorities, accomplishments and projections. Support program and functional approval of schedules.
Production Schedule Execution:
• Work with Master Scheduler, S&OP Leader and supply chain members to support end-to-end forward looking supply chain process and execution including demand, sales order entry, production planning, inventory management, and material preparation.
• Support forward looking master schedules to ensure that appropriate process times are maintained within ERP system.
• Maintain awareness of product schedule status through ERP/MRP status meetings and personal interface to insure that product is being completed per schedule.
Material Tracking and Expediting:
• Move material and expedite/prioritize for demand items that fall outside of the standard production/test processes.
• Participate in program/production activities required to prevent, minimize or eliminate schedule delays and impacts.
• Align program/production requirements with current procedures to ensure consistency
• Ensure ITAR compliance and control through secured and coded correspondence and designated / approved communication portals.
• Focus on continuous improvement within scope of responsibilities for developing, improving and implementing sound materials management practices and flow to minimize lead time and inventory while achieving sales plan and customer service requirements.
Internal Communication and Collaboration:
• Support and promote company core values of honesty, professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork and utilize the Ducommun Way methodology to achieve objectives.
• Interface with every key functions and levels of the businesses as required.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
• Highly motivated and able to work in fast-paced environment.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Excellent team player by collaborative and influential leadership.
Intermediate skills in Excel, Power Point, and Systems Database/Query Capability.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
Associate’s degree, or equivalent experience, in business, supply chain, technical or related discipline.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a production, material or inventory role.
Manufacturing experience strongly desired.
Knowledge/experience in material, inventory and production control processes.
Prefer prior ERP/MRP experience.
Aerospace or Electronic Component manufacturing experience desired.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Safety glasses, safety shoes and other designated personal protective equipment as required for the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands, occasionally lift one to ten pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus to review supply chain documents, identify parts and clearly see operations and identify hazards in the production area. Use of computer screen and other electronic devices.
Working Conditions are: 80% office environment, 15% manufacturing environment; 5% outdoors.
Noise level is moderate in office environment.
Hearing protection must be worn in designated manufacturing areas.
Fully enclosed shoes, leather construction, must be worn in all manufacturing areas.
Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
1505 Maiden Lane
Joplin, Missouri, 64801