Ducommun Welder in Joplin, Missouri
· Set up and operate welding equipment (Spot, TIG, and open flame) to produce parts which meet establishedstandards for quality and quantity.
· Participate in planning for new fixtures and jigs.
· Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
· Keep records of time, job, part operation for production reporting.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints.
· Grind and clean parts as necessary.
· Identify problems and initiate corrective action to minimize scrap and downtime.
· Keep department work areas clean and orderly for efficiency and safety in accordance with 6S.
· Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications
· May be assigned painting projects as needed.
· Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly
· Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
· Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
· Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors ownwork to ensure quality.
· Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Worksquickly.
· Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipmentand materials properly.
· Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Welding Certificate from college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training combined with successful completion of certified test welds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
1505 Maiden Lane
Joplin, Missouri, 64801