Catalent Pharma Solutions Associate Scientist, Biologics III in Kansas City, Missouri
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here (http://www.catalent.com/index.php/about-us/Catalent-Careers2)
In support of large molecule therapeutics, execute laboratory work plan / schedule developed with input from supervisor or senior team member. Sample types include in-process, release or stability. Techniques may include any or all of the following:
Mammalian cell culture
In vitro cell based assays (e.g. reporter gene bioassay, cell titer glo proliferation bioassay, etc.)
ELISA assays, quantitative and potency (fluorescence, luminescence, colorimetric, MSD)
Molecular biology (e.g. qPCR, PCR, etc.)
Kinetic binding assessment (e.g. BLI or SPR)
Other technologies/methodologies as required by management
In support of large molecule therapeutics, under direction, may perform method validation or transfer activities.
Perform activities under cGMP as appropriate.
May draft technical documents such as methods or certificates of analysis.
Performs parallel review of laboratory documentation and may become qualified to perform technical review of documents for accuracy, thoroughness and regulatory compliance.
Trains others on laboratory techniques.
Assists in the execution of efficiency improvement project with guidance.
All other duties as assigned.
III. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology or closely related physical science.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience preferred or based on performance at Catalent
• Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs.
• Ability to learn and retain technical information.
• Proactively address work issues at both an individual level and a team level.
• Executes procedures or methods of moderate complexity with high quality.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Mathematical and scientific reasoning ability.
• Basic understanding of instrument operations and troubleshooting skills in multiple techniques.
• Ability to identify aberrant/out of spec data and limited interpretation of data expected.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external customers.
• Lead by example according to Catalent's values and culture.
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities in a matrix environment.
• Recognizes unmet needs within department.
• Strategy is focused on personal time management and efficiency.
• Well organized with ability to multitask.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
• On an average 8 hour day this position requires the ability to walk, sit and stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms at or above shoulder height and below waist height, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear, smell and lift up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision requirements including reading of written documents, visual inspection of materials and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
• May require the use of a respirator.
Collaborative and inclusive
Professional Office Setting
Individual has two workstations and time is split between an analytical laboratory where the noise level is low to moderate and an office cubical.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to this position. Catalent may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees, consistent with company policy.
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Catalent = Catalyst + Talent
Your talents, ideas, and passion are essential to our mission: to develop, manufacture, and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Join us!
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Catalent is the perfect place to grow your career if…
You enjoy the fast pace of a start-up, but want the opportunities and stability of a growing, publicly traded company (Listed on NYSE: CTLT).
You want meaningful work. From cough treatments to cancer-fighting drugs, biologics, and vitamins, we help develop, launch, and supply over 200 new products each year – more than any branded drug maker in the world!
You want to plant your career in a growing company. Over the last five years, Catalent has re-invested more than $2 billion back into the company and its people.
You are excited about learning, collaborating, and growing alongside a global diverse team. Our team of more than 11,000 comes to work every day ready to overcome new challenges with teamwork, advanced technologies, and a passion to deliver by putting patients first.
You want to make a global impact! From North America to Europe, Asia to Latin America, we have innovative science and manufacturing teams who are looking (https://catalent.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External) for YOU!
See how our teams are making a difference, while growing their careers and fulfilling our mission by putting patients first every day here (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuUGqEwwnH7hBwFlrsfSOH_raQHu4hOBK) .