Volvo Group Buyer in Kansas City, Missouri
To purchase quality, preowned inventory for the Arrow branch locations. This position is responsible for finding the right inventory, purchasing it at wholesale prices in trade term condition to maximize profitability.
• Develop relationships with Branch Managers and work with the VP of Purchasing & Wholesale on branch inventory needs and placement.
• Develop and maintain marketing plan within defined territories.
• Conduct all deals and transactions to uphold ATS reputation and standards.
• Organize work and travel schedule to maintain proper balance of outside calls, branch calls and deal management.
• Wholesale inventory for the profitability of the purchasing and wholesale department.
• Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organizations goals
• Builds Networks: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
• Drive for Results: Consistently achieving results even under tough circumstances.
• Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• Personal Effectiveness: Demonstrating initiative, self-confidence, resiliency, and the willingness to take responsibility for personal actions.
• Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanour in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Being Resilient: Rebounding from set-backs and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications and Certificates
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
• Impact selling behavioral report indicating natural style as talker/doer.
• Three years selling experience.
• Two years wholesale experience
• Travel required.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is the leading retailer of used medium and heavy duty trucks in North America, with locations throughout the US and Canada. Since 1950, Arrow has built a solid reputation in the trucking industry by providing high-quality, pre-owned vehicles to customers who want to maximize the value of their purchasing dollars. Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is part of the Volvo Group, a publicly held company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Auto req ID
Arrow Truck Sales
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E/M/F/Disability/Veteran