Cedar Fair Carpenter in Kansas City, Missouri
Perform skilled trade duties in cabinet, carpentry, concrete, and asphalt work required in the maintenance, repair and construction of Park, restaurant and office buildings. Operate fixed and portable power tools and heavy equipment normally associated with the trade. Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
• Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
• Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
• Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
• Work on top of scaffolding, ladders, and the top beams of buildings.
• Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications.
• Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure all level and secure.
• Work with prefabricated buildings.
• Build stairs, mantles, and furniture.
• Install cabinets and molding.
• Remodel offices and structures.
• Create structures for pouring concrete.
• Erect scaffolding.
• Build trench bracing.
• Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors.
• Repair or build furniture.
• Install partitions, doors, and windows.
• Move and install machinery.
• Work with blueprints or instructions supplied and ensure finished product matches specifications.
• Prepare the layout of the project.
• Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
• Select and purchase materials.
• Repairs or replaces roofs, ceilings, walls, paneling, doors, windows, floors, trim, and other building components as required to properly maintain multiple buildings of various ages throughout a large multi building facility. Installs, repairs and maintains midways (concrete & asphalt), buildings, fixtures, fences, gates, and other structures.
• Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
• Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• At least two years of experience with roofing, siding, or general carpentry in a construction or maintenance setting.
• Familiarity with the safe and effective use of common hand tools such as hammers, saws, levels, squares, chalk lines, etc.
• Ability to safely and effectively use handheld power tools such as nail guns, circular saws, reciprocating saws, drills, belt sanders, etc.
• Ability to safely and effectively use stationary woodworking equipment such as table saws, band saws, planers, spindle sanders, radial arm saws, etc.
• Ability to read and accurately interpret written instructions and drawings and produce the articles described.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
• Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law
• Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Street: 4545 Worlds of Fun