Honeywell CNC Programmer in Kansas City, Missouri
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Numerical Control Analyst translates product definition and/or process engineering information into a
computerized format to produce complex programs for all types of Numerical Control (N/C) equipment or other equipment controlled by a programmable control unit. Performs project administration duties for N/C related projects.
Summary of Duties:
- Analyzes product definition drawings or computer models for appropriate method of accomplishing the requested N/C operation.
- Develops a machining and/or inspection process methodology or reviews requested methodology for operational feasibility and completeness.
- Develops tool, probe, or measuring machine paths utilizing tool axis control for multi-axis operations including validity of selected cutting tools and/or probes to perform the requested operation.
- Performs verification of part programs to ensure resultant data will produce or inspect product to quality requirements including utilization of computerized tools.
- Performs Software Quality Assurance (SQA) steps including the creation of a documentation folder for each N/C program and participates in the validation of N/C programs in manufacturing areas.
- Participates in N/C equipment procurement through development of a test plan and test programs to determine acceptability of the proposed equipment's control unit.
- Develops programming manuals and instructs other analysts on equipment or programming methodologies including use of tool axis control techniques.
- Performs project administration and related leadership duties, which include project status reporting, preparing project documentation, user/vendor liaison, planning and scheduling, and assisting in budgeting and procuring computer related equipment.
- Performs detailed evaluation of new, revised, or proposed support software.
- Defines, develops, and improves machining processes and identifies and resolves N/C manufacturing problems.
- May perform other duties as required.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Process Support and Improvement
20 Strategy Support
20 Customer Support
20 Talent Management
20 Review, Update and Processing
You Must Have:
US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related degree.
- 4 years of applicable experience.
- N/C programming experience on various types of N/C equipment. Knowledge of N/C machining and/or inspection processes.
- Fluent knowledge of modern NC control platforms and programming languages.
- Experience with Siemens NX, Mastercam, PCDMIS, Vericut or other CAD/CAM software is desired.
- Ability to understand multiple machine controller interfaces.
Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Relocation Provided
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req155905
- Category: Business Services
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.