Alphapointe Contract Closeout Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri
As part of its mission, Alphapointe provides preferential hiring to people with vision impairments (legally blind).
*Job Summary: * The Contract Closeout Specialist is responsible for initiating (automated or manual) administrative closeout of the contract after receiving evidence of its physical completion.
- Reviews termination notices for extent of action (partial complete) and for special conditions or instructions, e.g. shipment of Government-furnished materials.
- Analyzes the contract and related documentation, e.g. unsettled engineering or value engineering change proposals, payment provisions, contract status and other provisions and establishes the contract price of items terminated.
- Recommends the release of estimated excess funds.
- Acts on contractor's request for submitting proposals on a total cost basis.
- Evaluates, as necessary, the contractor's systems for settling terminated subcontracts, and issues, monitors, or revokes delegations of authority to settle subcontractor's claims without Government approval.
- Post award contract administration, termination and closeout actions and administrative and reporting functions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- A 4 year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field; or at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, lax, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to successfully complete Alphapointe and Department of Defense background investigations.
- Highly proficient in computer technology (Word, Excel) and Assistive technology (JAWS, Window Eyes, Zoomtext).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are crucial.
- Must be team oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information and regulations.
Alphapointe is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Department: Contract Management Services
Location: Kansas City, MO