The Diez Group Forklift/HiLo Operator 1st & 2nd Shift in Kansas City, Missouri
Forklift/HiLo Operator 1st & 2nd Shift
Kansas City, MO (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=400+N+Atlantic+Street+Kansas+City+MO+64161)
The Diez Group Kansas City is expanding its operations from warehousing and distribution to production, as a tier one manufacturing supplier of blanked material. We are looking for a Forklift Operator to join our team. Current business is warehousing and distribution. Your position will focus on safe and efficient movement of products and materials as well as the loading and unloading of trucks.
The Diez Group is a Hispanic owned minority business that believes in on time delivery of high quality products at a competitive price to its customers.
Your position will focus on safe and efficient movement of products and materials as well as the loading and unloading of trucks.
• Responsible for warehouse operational procedures including sorting, loading/unloading activities of product for processing
• Pick orders for shipment and stage orders properly
• Maintain compliance with all safety, security, regulatory, and company policies related to the operation of a powered industrial truck
• Work with other forklift operators and supervisors to ensure proper movement of all products
• Help to produce the highest quality of finished product
• Conduct inspections and perform maintenance of forklifts
• All candidates must be able to work all shifts, Saturday, Sunday and overtime when needed
• Applicant must be able to pass physical exam and drug screen
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at one time
• Adhere to attendance policy
• Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
• Team player, self-starter, motivated.
• Adherence to the attendance policy
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a heavy industrial steel / aluminum processing and distribution plant. When on the plant floor the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) must be appropriately worn.
The employee is often required to sit and mount/dismount the forklift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Extended hours, nights and weekend work may be necessary based on business needs.
This position requires no regular and customary travel.
Required Education and Experience
• HS diploma or GED required
• Previous experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred
• Previous forklift operating experience of at least three (3) years preferred
• OSHA forklift certification is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, deleted, or change at any time with or without notice.