Republic Services Gate Attendant/Scale Operator in Kansas City, Missouri
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
A Gate Attendant/Scale Operator is responsible for accurately and efficiently monitoring and recording waste volumes entering the post collection site, as well as collecting appropriate usage fees from customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
• Ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Experience in a previous position that required the handling of cash and balancing cash and/or receipts.
• Experience in an environment outside the home with computers and various software programs.
• Determine content of material entering facility to properly bill the customer.
• Accept or reject waste load based on content; suggest alternatives based on special waste, type of waste and/or local market training.
• Receive payment from customers; provide receipt to customers.
• Balance the daily receipts to ensure accurate recordkeeping and appropriate billing; deposit daily receipts into the safe depository.
• Document the waste entering the facility, utilizing truck scales and computer systems; track total amount of waste entering the facility.
• Notify operations of special waste or other incoming special loads; direct or dispatch as necessary; process required paperwork and perform other required duties, as necessary to process special loads.
• Answer the telephone and provide general information to callers.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the work area.
• Perform other job-related duties, as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.