MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
• Data Protection Services is a global Mastercard team that designs, builds and supports service platforms that provide cryptographic, key management and certificate management functions utilized by global Mastercard application teams.
• The Data Protection Services team develops and supports shared security services to be leveraged across Enterprise by consuming application teams. Our inventory of shared services include cryptography, certificate management, code signing, and key management.
• The Data Protection Services Technical Lead will be responsible for the component design, development and integration of digital security technologies and solutions to be leveraged by the enterprise.
• The Data Protection Services Technical Lead will be responsible for leading software engineering projects and assuring the daily activities of the technical team meet the requirements of the SLA’s.
• Are you motivated to protect Mastercard’s Assets?
• Are you interested in working in a fast-paced, challenging technical environment?
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives that meet business requirements in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices
• Successfully lead projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the technical team
• Manage resolution for complex issues within functional area of expertise
• Ability to work independently and self-directed
• Ability to partner and collaborate with Data Protection Services Architects on solution designs
• Good knowledge and experience with industry standard cryptographic algorithms including how, where, and when to apply them.
All About You
• Expert understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
• Extensive experience developing and supporting shared web service platforms, including SOAP and RESTful API’s
• Experience developing solutions using Information Security-related concepts: Cryptography, Hardware Security Modules, PKCS11, AMQP
• Extensive experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Node.JS, C, C++, Java, Data Structures, NoSQL, data bases, GIT
• Highly motivated and proactive to ensure the success of the team and product
• High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to handle multiple high-priority demands while driving consistent results
Expert critical thinking and problem-solving skills"
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127086