FirstService Residential Maintenance Technician in Kansas City, Missouri
Director of Maintenance and Maintenance Supervisor
Non-Exempt - 30-40 hour per week, benefits-eligible
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
FirstService Residential, the premier property management company in Kansas City, staffs a property services department with a wide range of qualified Technicians to serve our communities and residents. These Technicians possess basic to intermediate maintenance skills, which include light to intermediate plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and general property maintenance. Position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and someone willing to take the lead on projects. The Technician will work closely with a departmental supervisor and must be able to work on a team as well as completing tasks on an individual basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs service requests as required.
- Assists in ordering supplies for property.
- Supports maintenance supervisor on projects as required.
- Helps in maintaining shop, equipment rooms and storage areas in a neat, organized and secure condition.
- Attends necessary training.
- Required to navigate and utilize CRM work management system, or equivalent, in a timely fashion.
- Follow proper and thorough documentation procedures on all jobs, i.e. photos, forms and paperwork.
- Required to follow procedures for reporting and accounting for receipts and invoices to ensure proper billing.
- May require handling an after-hours emergency service phone on a rotating schedule necessitating responding to building emergencies and all associated documentation.
- Must possess the ability to communicate proficiently in various forms, including but not limited to phone communication, written, email and other forms of electronic communication.
- Must be willing to follow all established safety guidelines while on duty and wear necessary personal protection equipment (PPE) as directed.
- Must be able to work with Property Managers and communities to develop strong relationships and help guide associations in their maintenance and upkeep needs.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Own hand tools.
- Truck or equivalent.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred and two years general experience in building trades, repair and maintenance work; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of iPhone and applications
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Demonstrates strong and effective customer service and relationship building skills
- Demonstrate good common sense, sound judgment, and a high ethical bar
- Consistently perform at high levels in a fast‐paced ever‐changing work environment
- Ability to work independently; capable to take ownership of assigned tasks and to anticipate work requirements
- Team player with collaborative attitude
- Electrical and lighting troubleshooting and repair/replacement
- Plumbing diagnostics and repair/replacement
- Pool operations experience preferred, but not required. Training will be provided.
- Ability to prioritize work orders and complete job paperwork with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to self-motivate and work with little supervision
- Drywall repair/replacement, taping and finishing
- General property cleanliness
- Recognize, document and report additional work needed when onsite
Tools, Equipment and Documents Needed
- General/light tools
- Personal vehicle
- Certifications/Licenses as applicable
- Valid Driver's License
- Proof of Insurance
- Ability to lift 50-100lbs following appropriate safety procedures
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time
- Ability to work in different environment working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain)
- Walk and climb stairs
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers
- Complete all required forms and work orders
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement, if needed
- Driving when necessary.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- Climbing ladders and working at heights above ground level
- Complete 40 hours per week of regular work time at the work location.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Within the Kansas City metropolitan area. Must possess a valid driver's license and insurance, and must not have a record of a revoked or suspended license as determined upon review of the motor vehicle driving report or record in accordance with applicable law.
- Must possess the minimum essential motor vehicle insurance
- Must have a personal vehicle that will be used for business purposes (mileage reimbursement provided).
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled