VMware Manager, Test Engineering - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Kansas City, Missouri
VMware Carbon Black
VMware Carbon Black is leveraging the power of big data analytics to provide our customers with the tools and visibility to stop attacks before they start. Our Carbon Black Cloud platform is transforming cybersecurity by delivering a new generation of cloud-enabled security solutions to protect against the most advanced threats.
We are seeking a Test Engineering Manager with a customer-first mindset to grow, retain and coach a talented set of software developers in our Production Engineering team. In this role, you will work among engineers to design, measure and execute E2E tests ensuring product quality, stability and scalability. Our mission is to provide a resilient and scalable security solution for our customers.
What You’ll Do
· Work closely with the product management and software development teams and be responsible for the overall quality of our products, deliver solutions and identifying new opportunities to improve VMware Carbon Black products and services
· You will partner closely with other Production Engineering leads and teams to work as a cohesive unit that delivers a product with rock-solid quality
· Run a metrics and goals driven team with focus on customer realistic tests and automated coverage
· Seek opportunities to introduce best practices and bring continuous improvements to automation and testing.
· Grow, coach and retain a talented and productive team
· Develop solutions to evaluate and improve performance and scalability
· Design, implement and maintain E2E, Scale and Resiliency test frameworks
· Provide feedback, propose solutions and suggest improvements in the product
· Ensure coverage of tests in all product pipelines and manage the stability of these pipelines
· Close the loop on any customer found issue with root cause analysis and test coverage
· Partner with the test engineers and engineering teams to develop best practices, author blogs and white papers, and present internally, at conferences, and directly to partners and customers
What You’ll Bring
· Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 10+ years of experience in test engineering (Functional/E2E/Scale/Performance)
· 2+ years of experience with systems engineering and software development
· 2+ years of experience managing 5+ direct reports
· Strong analytical and programming skills (Python and/or Java preferred)
· Strong understanding of OS fundamentals (Mac/ Linux/ Windows)
· Proven expertise in troubleshooting OS level performance issues
· Good understanding of Kubernetes
· Understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architecture
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to lead discussions
· Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to detail
· Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
· Security Experience a plus
· Experience with AWS, open source tools such as Kafka, Terraform, Spinnaker, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch a plus
· Good understanding of virtualization is a plus
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.