Honeywell Software Engineer II in Kansas City, Missouri
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
This position will be located in Kansas City, MO
As our Software Engineer II, you will work closely with other engineering disciplines (mechanical, chemical) in an industrial setting to design and code multifaceted software used to control instrumentation, perform data analysis and develop report generation. You’ll be our technical consultant, managing a diverse array of custom software initiatives that solve production application problems and improve and optimize functionality of shop floor equipment.
• Manage priorities of projects and requests
• Generate software documentation and perform verification and validation testing of software to assure all requirements are being supported
• Conform to established systems, development life cycle, computing standards, and guidelines.
• Analyze existing information systems and applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes)
• Provide advice on options, risks and cost vs. benefits
• Devise or modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components
• May assist in defining development guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development /integration including developing custom integration solutions with major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features
• Interact with internal and external organizations
• Based on research, apply, develop, and recommend innovative methodologies and technologies which are equal to the industry's state of the art to resolve processing and design problems
• Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Take actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
You Must Have:
• 2+ years’ experience in programming
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other ABET accredited Engineering program
• US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
• Experience in robotics, controls and software integration in an industrial setting
• IDE Tools - Visual Studio, Spyder, Sublime Eclipse, Others
• Relational Database – Queries, Table Creation
• Knowledge of Data Structures
• Ability in analytical skills, mathematical computations, computer software applications, written documentation and the ability to apply those skills to engineering projects
• Effective communication skills for interacting at all levels of the business, including verbal, written and presentation skills
• Applied knowledge of standard office and engineering desktop systems and applications
• Interest in applied engineering career in a technology or manufacturing business
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.