Federal Reserve Bank Tier I Help Desk Support - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, Missouri
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City seeks to fill a Tier I technical support oriented Customer Service Representative position. Representatives utilize their technical skills to provide critical first line response within this inbound call center group. Our Representatives resolve technical issues when Bank customers contact us to report difficulty accessing and utilizing Federal Reserve services. They do this by identifying and troubleshooting routine technical issues, and when necessary escalating complex problems to Tier II technicians. If you are knowledgeable and good at working with operating systems, browser settings, basic internet and networking navigation, and downloading/installing software within a call center environment then you have the basic skillset for this job. Call volumes in this group vary greatly, but Representatives should be prepared to take on average 25 calls per shift, and provide superior customer each time a Bank customers calls.
- Utilizes a variety of documented procedures and automated customer support, troubleshooting, and change request tools to research customer issues and provide technical problem solving.
- Escalates complex problems to more experienced staff or second-level technicians, as appropriate.
- Documents customer interactions into a call logging system for tracking purposes.
- Acquires and maintains a general knowledge of electronic access applications and product enhancements.
- Educates incoming callers regarding online tools and learning systems to assist the customer in future troubleshooting issues (e.g., self-service options).
- Completes adhoc administrative assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- One to three years of customer service experience in a call center or help desk environment required.
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of operating systems, browsers, basic internet navigation, downloading/installing software, and basic networking knowledge.
- Intermediate troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced typing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills for internal and external customers, to include active listening for a positive customer experience.
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in cross-functional teams with colleagues in multiple Federal Reserve locations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply department standard operating policies and procedures.
- Operational hours of the group are 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Selected individual for this position will be assigned the 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. shift. Certain eligibility requirements apply.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
/We [Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City] are committed to building a diverse workplace, and are continually striving to achieve this goal. As such, we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Title: *Tier I Help Desk Support - Customer Service Representative *
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 266187