Reyes Holdings Fleet Diesel Mechanic B in Lee's Summit, Missouri
Position Summary: A Fleet Mechanic B primarily focuses on the preventative maintenance of the fleet diesel equipment of the Reyes Holdings family of businesses. A B level Mechanic may occasionally be responsible for operating a fleet shop in absence of a Fleet Shop Manager or Lead Mechanic.
As part of Reyes Holdings, LLC, one of the largest private fleets in the United States, Reyes Fleet Management, LLC maintains and repairs the transportation fleet and material handling equipment for Great Lakes Coca-Cola Distributing, the Reyes Beverage Group, the Martin Brower Company and Reinhart Foodservice. In addition to the Reyes Fleet Management facilities, Reyes Fleet Management oversees third party maintenance, equipment leasing and vendor relations for the fleet in all Reyes Holdings locations.
Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Reyes Fleet Management team works with the companies to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees’ use. Reyes Fleet Management has continued to evolve to be an employer of choice, providing excellent benefits, opportunities for development and highly competitive salaries.
Required Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of one year related experience.
• Must possess own tools.
• Valid Driver’s License to operate applicable company vehicles
• Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
• Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to utilize an on board computer and desktop computer.
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
• Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 100 pounds.
• Some travel may be required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• ASE Certifications.
• Trade school diploma or certification.
• Commercial Driver’s License.
People or Process Management Responsibility: None
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Complete preventative maintenance of fleet diesel equipment.
• Complete minor repairs of fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units).
• Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online Enterprise Asset Management system.
• Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as “roadworthy”.
• Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet) and/or cameras (Drive Cam).
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
• Train other employees.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
**Based upon operating schedules of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be available in accordance with applicable laws.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.