MasterCard Lead Software Development Architect in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Architect
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Software Development Architect – Payment Gateway Services
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services provides partners with a white label technology solution for payment processing and fraud prevention. Through our platform, we enable them to easily and securely accept a wide range of digital payment methods from all over the world.
This role will be working as part of a global architecture team supporting a range of platforms and services across the globe, with a primary focus on Simplify Commerce (https://www.simplify.com), a global white-label payments platform that makes it easy for merchants to accept payments online.
• Love learning about and applying new technology, with a focus on security, reliability, and availability?
• Have a track record of designing, building, and deploying robust, flexible, scalable back-end systems and beautiful and intuitive user interfaces for a large customer base?
• Work great in a team and enjoy mentoring individuals?
• Have a strong desire to guide technical improvement of technology assets?
In this role, you will shape the technical strategy of the platform and support highly agile development teams to deliver business value and scale globally.
Example desired technical skills:
• Design simple, secure, scalable software solutions for global reach
• Recent engineering experience of restful APIs in a micro-services architecture
• Expert knowledge of Java, Spring Boot
• Fundamental knowledge of the Web and related technologies [AngularJS & Angular, HTML5, CSS]
• Practiced in web application security
• Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or similar cloud deployment technologies
• Familiarity with payment processing and applicable standards and regulations (PCI-DSS, GDPR, information privacy laws)
Combined 5-8 years in a Software Development or Architecture role
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122507