MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Test in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer in Test
"Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Decision Management team is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and testing, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an ability to drive and improve test strategy for our Feature teams.
In this position, you will:
• Play a crucial part in a technical test lead role to help drive Quality and to build and implement test approaches, automation improvements and monitoring earlier in the development cycle.
• Collaborate closely with our development teams to enhance our existing software development processes.
• Partner with developers to improve and automate test and release processes.
• Help make Quality as an integral part of the development process.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have advanced experience in core Java programing and the ability to provide technical leadership to senior members of staff
• Have knowledge and skills in test fundamentals and methodologies, ideally ISTQB or ASTQB qualified
• Be experienced in working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for
reliability, performance and testability.
• Have the ability to create acceptance and integration automation tests, integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar).
• Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
• Additional capabilities
o Experience in Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
o Exposure/knowledge in cloud based applications.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-123792