MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineering
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join Mastercard and contribute to improving the transaction time for millions of daily credit card transactions all over the world. This position is on the St. Louis performance Agile team working closely with the other Authorization development teams. You will have the chance to use and improve a suite of tools to assess transaction time each release. We are looking for engineers that are passionate about performance and development with a constant focus on improving quality.
All About You
• Do you have a passion for solving complex technical challenges?
• Do you love learning new technologies and apply it to your team?
• Have you set technical direction and mentored junior engineers?
• Do you have experience in automation and love it?
• Have you created many scripts to automate and interface with programs (i.e. shell script, TCL, Perl, Python)?
• Do you understand throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization?
• Have you spent significant time in Linux environments with some experience administrating?
• Have you developed software before – preferably in C/C++?
• Do you know about different inter-process communications (i.e. shared memory, MQ, Kafka)?
• Do you have experience and prefer working in an Agile environment?
• Have you worked with big, real-time, and distributed systems?
• Work closely with software development teams to identify risks and anticipate problems to ensure that each release does not negatively impact performance
• Dig into the Authorization code to determine performance bottlenecks
• Design, configure, and execute performance tests
• Improve the current performance environment with your own code, automation, and onboarding of external tools (i.e. Dynatrace and Splunk)
• Drive performance issues to resolution
• Apply technical capabilities to coach and develop junior employees
• Deliver department and external presentations conveying domain level experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-110762