ClarkDietrich Machine Operator in O'Fallon, Missouri
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
$1,000 Sign On Bonus!!
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perfect Attendance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement Program
- Community Service Day
Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development? Strait-Flex (a division of ClarkDietrich) fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Punch Press Operator position at our Strait-Flex facility, located in O'Fallon, MO.
To safely set up, operate and to adjust punch press equipment by use of appropriate tools and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, operate and adjust punch press equipment by use of appropriate tools and procedures.
- Keeps machine operating according to operating procedures and in good condition.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunction or recommend corrections.
- Responsible for set up and operation of punch press.
- Inspect and approve set ups with guidance from Team Lead or Supervisor.
- Operate, load and adjust press at or above established standard rate while maintaining standard quality of parts.
- Performs to machine goals.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
- Performs Lockout Procedure as required by mill specific Lockout JSA
- Wears and maintains all appropriate PPE as required
- Understands all safety devices and their operation. Notifies management if safety devices are malfunctioning or missing prior to machine operation.
Performs quality checks, to include:
Understands and uses a tape measure to check length, width and hole spacing.
- Appropriately maintains all quality paperwork in a legible manner.
- Performs routine maintenance and notifies maintenance personnel concerning any machine issues that might slow down production, cause a safety concern or lead to further maintenance problems.
- Assists maintenance personnel as directed.
- Maintains a clean, organized workstation
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Team attitude.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Prior manufacturing experience.
- Lifting- Up to 50 lbs.
- Standing- 8 or more hours per day.
- Walking- Off and on, 4-6 hours per day.
- Body Positions- Squatting, bending, flexing and extending both arms.
- Grasping- Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Sitting- None
- Pushing Effort- Carts of finished product and tools, up to 75 lbs.
- Pulling- Tools and finished product, up to 50 lbs.
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction.
- Ability to read a tape measure accurately.
- Manufacturing facility
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled