ClarkDietrich Maintenance Technician in O'Fallon, Missouri
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
$1,000 Sign On Bonus!!
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perfect Attendance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement Program
- Community Service Day
Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development? Strait-Flex (a division of ClarkDietrich) fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Maintenance Technician position at our O'Fallon, MO location.
Performs repair and preventative maintenance and electrical work on equipment per the preventive maintenance schedule. Trouble shooting equipment to prevent unscheduled down time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand Standard Operating Procedures (start up, shut down, adjustment) and to repair all machinery breakdowns.
- Perform preventative maintenance on designated equipment as per PM schedule.
- Equipment changeover and conversion procedures.
- Emergency operating procedures.
- Electrical fundamentals (DC and AC theory, resistance, capacitance, etc.)
- Perform repairs to AC Motor Controls (motor theory, motor control circuits, etc.)
- Perform PLC Maintenance and Troubleshooting (ladder logic, PLC components, programming)
- Understanding of the following software: RXLogix5000 versions 15 thru 21, Proficiency, Express Maintenance, RSLinx, RSLogix500
- Performs repairs to valves, pumps, heat exchangers
- Performs repairs and understands pneumatics and hydraulics and mechanical power transmission systems.
- Installs and maintains electrical devices
- Troubleshoot using test instruments, schematics or ladder logic
- Dismantles, installs, assembles and maintains electrical mechanical controls and devices on conveyors, up-enders, rollformers, PLC's and other related equipment.
- Understands and applies National Electrical Code.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
- Properly inspect equipment and completes any forms as required.
- Wears and maintains all required PPE.
- Understands all safety devices and their operation.
- Keeps maintenance department clean, organized and safe.
- Completes required paperwork for use with portable welding equipment and ladders.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Problem solver.
- Team oriented.
- Computer skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Must pass basic mechanical aptitude assessment and applied reading test.
- The military equivalent will be recognized in lieu of education and/or experience.
- Lifting- Up to 50 lbs.
- Standing-8 or more hours per day
- Walking- Off and on, 4-6 hours per day
- Body Positions- Stooping, bending, squatting, reaching overhead, extending arms
- Grasping- Both hands, intermittently, up to 8 hours per day
- Sitting- Occasionally
- Pushing- Occasionally
- Pulling- Tools & machine parts, up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing- Occasionally
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and changing fractions into decimals.
- Ability to read a tape measure, caliper and micrometer accurately. Mechanically inclined.
- Manufacturing facility -- exposed to heat and cold.
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times.
- Hearing Protection Required at all times.
- Activity level is high -- continuous overhead crane and forklift operation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled