MasterCard Manager, Software Development Engineering - MDES in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Development Engineering - MDES
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world and to doing well by doing good. Mastercard relies on our global workforce to help us achieve our goal of building a sustainable, inclusive global economy. The Mastercard Way encourages us, connects us with the behaviors that represent the essence of not only what we do but who we are as an organization. Cultivating an environment for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views and experiences drives a global and collaborative culture of inclusion and sense of belonging.
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented software development engineers to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
Are you passionate about software engineering?
Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers across the globe?
Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
Do you want to join an inclusive culture where employees, in all their diversity, feel valued, respected and who can bring their authentic selves to work? Learn more at Mastercard’s Corporate Sustainability Report.
• Managing a team of Software developers and testers to develop quality software solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Successfully lead definition, development and delivery of major cross-department initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications
• Provide technical, functional and strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Work closely with product, vendor and architecture teams on product definition, technical design, and overall execution for the team
• Leverage modern cloud-first technologies to create efficient and performant processes
• Serve as a technical resource for team members and mentor junior engineers and teammates
• Lead planning and scoping features for the team
• Play a central role in scaling and automating the growth data processes and web applications in the cloud and the datacenter
• Critically review the code and guide the team with a focus on improving the code quality
• Continuously innovate and determine new technologies and approaches to deal with growing data sets faster and faster
• Play a key role in shaping the direction of engineering processes through working on a small team empowered to organize and run the team as they see fit
• Ensure the project or effort is adequately staffed; trained and managed. Ensure personnel have appropriate skills and behaviours; and effectively communicate performance results; as necessary, managing each effort within approved manpower and budget guidelines
• Department-wide public speaking and other communications conveying application level directions.
• Coach and guide employees within own team(s). Ensures own team(s) growth, compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Have strong ownership of your team’s software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build.
• Must have the ability to confidently and quickly make a decision is the hustle-bustle environment in order to maintain the ability of rapid development and deployment of new coding changes.
• Should have a working understanding of data centre-based and cloud infrastructure components including elements such as how software is networked to running virtual networks.
Degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience of managing, coaching, and guiding high performing software development teams both technically and professionally preferred
Experience in CI/CD with a strong focus on the engineering methodology
Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
Full stack engineering experience in an agile production environment
Experience solving and implementing scalable solutions to solve complex problems
Familiarity in modular design using and creating single-responsibility services and APIs
Expert foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts – able to teach/mentor others in their learning
Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
Experience working in an Agile environment.
Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD, DevOps
Experience designing scalable fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures
Experience with the strangulation pattern and anti-corruption layers to migrate monolithic systems into independent services
Expert in modern software design principles such as SOLID, DRY, and Single responsibility
Mentor and teacher of new technologies and design patterns
Expert in using atleast one of the industry leading Cloud Technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
Expert in using atleast one of the industry leading SQL/NoSQL Databases like Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB and Distributed caching like Redis, Hazelcast, Memcached etc
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126352