MasterCard Manager Software Development Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager Software Development Engineering
As a Manager, Software Development Engineering in Data & Services, you will have the opportunity to lead the development of analytics applications that sit atop vast datasets gathered by retail stores, restaurants, banks, and other consumer-focused companies. The challenge is to create high-performance algorithms, cutting-edge analytical techniques, compelling visualizations, and intuitive workflows that allow our users to derive insights from big data that in turn drive their businesses.
As a member of the Mastercard Intelligence team, you will bring your Management, and full-stack development skills to build, deploy, and scale applications in a hybrid – cloud and data center – environment to support interactive analytics on terabyte scale data for thousands of clients.
We work with cloud-first technologies to create efficient data-flows and provision resources on demand. We are looking for an innovative Software Development Engineer who can play a key a key technical role, providing leadership and career mentorship to a small, but rapidly growing team. This individual will contribute to shaping the engineering culture and have a direct impact on the growth of the team.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to feature design, building, and testing. The range of work you encounter varies from front-end web development to writing server-side calculation code to database work. There are no rigid organizational structures at Mastercard; each team uses processes that work the best for that team's members and projects.
As a Manager, Software Engineering on the Mastercard Intelligence team, you will:
• Formally supervise, coach, and develop a high performing Datazone team
• Ensures your team’s compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Lead the design of major and complex part of the platform while ensuring high-quality development
• Leverage modern cloud-first technologies to create efficient and performant processes
• Define state of the art service-oriented software architectures
• Serve as a technical resource for team members and mentor junior engineers and teammates
• Lead planning and scoping features for the team
• Play a central role in scaling and automating the growth data processes and web applications in the cloud and the datacenter
• Critically review the code and guide the team with a focus on improving the code quality
• Continuously innovate and determine new technologies and approaches to deal with growing data sets faster and faster
• Play a key role in shaping the direction of engineering processes through working on a small team empowered to organize and run the team as they see fit
All About You
• Experience of managing, coaching, and guiding high performing software development teams
• Full stack engineering experience in an agile production environment
• Experience solving and implementing scalable solutions to solve complex problems
• Familiarity in modular design using and creating single-responsibility services and APIs
• Experience automating and scaling complex dataflow and application architectures
• Strong understanding of web technologies, server-side technologies for developing microservices
• Knowledge of modern object-oriented programming languages. C# is a plus
• Passion for analytical/quantitative problem solving
• Experience in CI/CD with a strong focus on the engineering methodology
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Prior experience leading a team or mentoring other engineers, both technically and professionally preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-123967