MasterCard Principal Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Development Engineer
Principal Data Architect – Data and Analytics
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something BIG? Do you have experience integrating new and emerging solutions into existing environments as technologies evolve and demands change? Are you eager to work with open source software and be exposed to the fast-paced world of Big Data technology? In this role, you can make an immediate impact for a Leading Global Technology Company, MasterCard. The Principal Architect in Data and Analytics role is responsible for working with teams across our Fraud Decisioning Platform to implement new data solutions while maintaining the stability of the platform. You will be responsible for architecting complex solutions surrounding data ingestion, data retrieval and data analytics enabling new products for both our internal and external partners. You will get the chance to work with extremely large data sets. The ideal candidate will have sufficient knowledge with both relational and non-structured data stores and can provide insight into the benefits/downsides of both.
Cutting to the chase…We need someone with a unique perspective that can push the envelope with what’s ‘possible’. We have built a top tier real time streaming platform processing hundreds of millions of messages a day and are now getting into the analytics portion of our roadmap and are looking for additional guidance.
• Provide architectural leadership and direction to software development teams in the development of Fraud solutions Provide architectural leadership and direction to software development teams in the development of Fraud solutions
• Guide the strategy for data storage and retrieval across our RDBMS and analytics data stores
• Oversee data modeling to ensure data stores match best practices and mastercard standards.
• Recommend enhancements to make data retrieval more performant, and reliable.
• Successfully guide the delivery of major initiatives in an Agile software development environment
• Partner with our Product Owners to solution enhancements and drive strategic decisions.
• Work with development teams to provide estimates for business solutions, refine the scope/requirements of the project and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project
• Identify process gaps while also suggesting and implementing improvements
• Drive culture of continuous improvement on the team
• Develop business cases in alignment with the MasterCard objectives
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Experience in the development and/or design of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
• Strong software development experience
• Passion for working in an Agile software development environment
• Must be driven, highly motivated, a strong team player with the ability to motivate others
• Show a high degree of initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
• Strong understanding of software best practices
• Strong understanding of both RDBMS and analytical data stores
• Strong understanding of data modeling
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills
• Ability to represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111485