MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Be part of the Operations & Technology team developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
· Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
· Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
· Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
· Build an innovative, high-performing, scalable solution to process over half a billion of global payment transactions in a day.
· Researching, setting standards and sharing knowledge with other teams to onboard the platform.
· Deliver automation to the current release implementation process, assisting the DevOps.
· Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and implementation tasks.
· Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
· Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
· Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
All About You
· Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
· Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
· Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
· Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
· Deep knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test driven development
· Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions
· Ideal candidate would have:
o Hands on with strong design, development on Java/JEE and unix scripting
o Experience with relational database like Oracle and with no-SQL databases
o Experience with Continuous Integration/deployment tools like Jenkins, Chef, ARA
· Below skills would be a plus:
o Knowledge about cloud technologies like cloud foundry, kubernetes
o Messaging – MQ and JMS
o Business rules execution systems (e.g. IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM - formerly ILOG))
Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111363