MasterCard Software Development Engineer II in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Data Warehouse team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to drive our mission to unlock potential of data assets by consistently innovating, eliminating friction in how users access data from its repositories, generate insights and deliver those to end consumer. The Data Warehouse comprises of Oracle, Hadoop and Netezza platforms. Amongst the various services of the Data Warehouse, the File Transfer service is a critical part of how analytics, insights and reports are delivered to end customer in a safe and secure manner. This position is an engineering role who can play an active role in building, enhancing and automating data delivery processes leveraging enterprise platforms like Global File Transfer, Apache NiFi and various other standard framework within Mastercard to exchange files/data with customers.
• Develop high quality, secure and scalable scripts and data pipelines using shell script, Oracle procedures and tools like NiFi.
• Build automation and efficiency in Data ingestion, data movement, data access and data transfer workflows by innovation and collaboration.
• Understand,implement and enforce Software development standards and engineering principles in the RDBMS (Oracle) and Big Data space.
• Work closely with business stakeholders and embedded engeering teams within business teams in a collaborative manner to help them build scalable products in quick time.
• Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovate with increasingly large data sets.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems.
• Perform assigned tasks and production incident independently.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
All About You
• Experience in Data Warehouse related projects in product or service-based organization
• Experience in Data Engineering and implementing DW projects on Oracle (or any similar) platform
• Experience of building data pipelines through shell script or Oracle procedures or NiFi or any other ETL tool
• Experience of working with Databases like Oracle, Netezza and have strong SQL knowledge
• Experience of working on automation in data flow process in a Data Warehouse environment.
• Knowledge of data encryption, data transfer protocols like ftp, sftp and other related protocols.
• Experience of working in Agile teams
• Strong analytical skills required for debugging production issues, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plan
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task across multiple projects, interface with external / internal resources
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, and perform POC to explore best solution for the problem statement
• Flexibility to work as a member of a matrix based, diverse and geographically distributed project teams
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129625