MasterCard Sr. Consultant, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Consultant, Software Engineering
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is looking for a talented and motivated technologist to join its Solution Architecture and Engineering Team - delivering exceptional software on the Mastercard Payment Gateway and Simplify platforms.
• Have you designed and delivered scalable software solutions?
• Do you enjoy collaborating with teams all around the world?
• Have you developed Proofs of Concepts to demonstrate your vision?
• Are you able to make critical software architecture decisions weighing many parameters?
• Do you always think of the “RUN” of your software, guaranteeing implementation and support quality?
• Do you stay abreast of all the latest technologies and trends?
• Designs simple, secure, scalable software solutions for global reach
• Mentors and influences software engineers through code-reviews, pair-programming and documentation
• Develops Proofs of Concepts of solutions for engineering teams to consume
• Enforces consistent development patterns and security architecture
• Works with Product and Sales teams to groom backlog of features
• Provides high level estimates of work for prioritization purposes
• Participates in product road mapping
• Travels to global tech-hubs to participate in workshops and planning sessions
• Makes software architectural decisions
All About You
• Outgoing with excellent communication skills
• Unafraid of having your own ideas challenged and tactfully challenging others ideas
• Enjoy mentoring and supporting team members
• Self-motivated requiring little direction or oversight
• Driven to keep things moving forward
• Advanced knowledge of Java, Spring, JEE
• Advanced knowledge of RESTful APIs
• Advanced knowledge of the Web (HTML, CSS, JS, Angular, React) and Networking technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DNS, SMTP, F5, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience with SAFE or Agile software development methodology
• Experience with native mobile application development (iOS, Android)
• Solid Understanding of web application security across multiple channels (Web, Mobile, Physical)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-74274