MasterCard Sr. Software Development Engineer-2 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Software Development Engineer-2
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented software development engineers to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
• Are you passionate about software engineering?
• Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers?
• Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
• Hands-on developer who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional and testable.
• Lead the design, implementation, and delivery for engineering efforts spanning 1-2 teams.
• Contribute to all parts of the software’s development including design, development, documentation, and testing.
• Have strong ownership of your team’s software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build.
• Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts.
• Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
• Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages such as Java, Python, C++ etc.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
• 5 or more years of related work experience.
• Experience with XP, TDD and BDD in the software development processes
• Advantage if you have payments expertise and experience/proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD, near real-time, scalable fault tolerant platform design, API design, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127492