The Boeing Company Senior Computing Architect in Saint Louis, Missouri
The End User Services organization is seeking a SeniorSystems Architectto help shape the future direction of collaboration solutions in use across the enterprise. There is currently high demand across the enterprise to deploy new, modern collaboration capabilities intended to enable the next level of team productivity and employee engagement.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience incorporating architecture functions into the software development or product lifecycle, can work in a fast-paced environment, and has a passion for designing and verifying robust system architectures to achieve the vision.
Primary job responsibilities include the following:
• Understand, organize, and be able to represent the state of collaboration tools in use at Boeing today from a technical and architectural standpoint, coordinating across organizations, services, and products
• Leads the development and configuration management of architecture views and models
• Support technology and integration discussions across infrastructure and collaboration products
• Incorporate technology and integration opportunities into the collaboration product strategy and prioritized roadmap within Boeing, tying in perspectives from the business, service owners, Global IT Infrastructure Services organization, enterprise architecture, security, industry trends, etc.
• Develop and collect technical requirements and constraints for new or enhanced collaboration systems and integrations when capability gaps are identified
• Research and evaluate collaboration products in the market, perform trade-off analysis, support proof of concept efforts to determine new product viability and fit with Boeing’s technical landscape
• Design and verify robust architecture, review details with technical boards for approval, and develop technical plans for entry of IT service offerings across the enterprise in partnership with identified service owners and infrastructure partners
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Minimum 3 years of experience in a systems architecture role
Minimum 5 years of experience working across functions and organizations
Experience designing and verifying robust system architectures
Experience developing and collecting technical requirements and constraints for IT products
Experience performing trade-off analysis
Experience prioritizing work based on business justification
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Experience architecting a product or service across an enterprise
Exposure to enterprise collaboration tools (portal, team collaboration platform, enterprise social networking, content collaboration, search, workstream collaboration, etc.)
Experience documenting and implementing plans and processes to ensure products meet technical requirements and maintains configuration control
Minimum 3 years of work experience researching and developing technical and process solutions across functions and organizations
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Job Computing Architect
Organization: Global IT Infrastructure Svcs
Title: Senior Computing Architect
Other Locations: United States-Missouri-Saint Louis, United States-South Carolina-North Charleston
Requisition ID: 1800068625