Stanley Acess Technologies Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist 2nd shift in Sedalia, Missouri
75368BRTitle:Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist 2nd shiftBusiness:US - GTS - Global Operations State/Country/Province:Missouri No. of Positions:1Job Description: Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Specialist 2nd shift - Sedalia, MO
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We’re the World’s largest tool company. We’re industry visionaries. We’re solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art “smart factory” products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Who You Are
You’re a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You’re creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years' experience in health, safety and environment
Solid leadership skills to direct personnel, implement EHS initiatives, and perform follow-up on specific activities
Significant knowledge of safety and environmental regulatory standards (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, etc.) and the ability to work with respective outside agencies
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Ability to read instructions represented in manuals, drawings, schematics etc. and follow them with precision
Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Experience and ability in using hand tools
What You’ll Do
As an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Specialist, you’ll be part of our Global Customer Experience (GCX) team located in Sedalia, MO. Specifically, you’ll:
The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for leading the health, safety and environmental function at his/her base plant. The focus is to ensure effective management of EHS systems while maintaining a safe workplace and compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental regulations.
Stanley Black and Decker Sedalia Operations manufactures metal garage storage boxes. The facility employs roughly 800 employees. We are 1 of 10 sites in our division. At SBD Sedalia Operations the safety specialist will work to improve and maintain a high-level safety culture.
• Develop and evaluate Job Safety Analysis’s (JSA), ergonomic best practices, position risk ratings and Motion-based job rotations in alignment with the Operations, Quality and Continuous Improvement teams for optimal safety standards.
• Flex Planning - Conduct, track, evaluate and report time observation studies for safe and efficient work processes.
• Implement, in cooperation with Operations, Quality and Continuous Improvement, safe Work Combination processes.
• Assist to develop, implement and deliver safety training as required by State and Federal OSHA and Stanley Black & Decker.
• Presenting safety new hire orientations and other public speaking.
• First Aid/CPR certification will be required to be maintained.
• Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
• Take an active role in caring for the equipment to prevent breakdowns and defects and help increase overall equipment efficiency through 5S, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and other Lean Manufacturing initiatives directed by the Sedalia site.
• Facilitate / oversee incident investigations, root cause analyses, and closure of corrective actions.
• Represent the company with state and federal agencies as required.
• Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facilities environmental monitoring and recordkeeping data management systems to ensure compliance with all policies and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
• Ensure that all industrial process wastewaters are properly managed and discharged from the plant in a manner that protects ground waters and surface tributaries from contamination and is in compliance with the plants operating discharge permit.
• Ensure the proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes and lead a plant-wide effort to eliminate these by correcting the eliminating the root causes and/or reducing wastes, reusing, and recycling various materials.
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You’ll Also Get
• Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
• Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
• Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
• Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number:75368BRFunction:Environmental Health & Safety City:SedaliaEEO Statement:All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers:Manufacturing, Other