Unilever Sr. Maintenance Analyst (Night Shift) in Sikeston, Missouri
Background & Purpose of the Job
Training – Supervisors are responsible for the delivery of both technical and additional training programs.
Plays a role in the engagement of manufacturing personnel in terms of leading, coaching, and promoting the values of the business. All Supervisors must be mindful of what a workplace culture is and how to maintain it in a positive manner.
Make sure that the Unilever’s policies (handbook) and procedures are communicated and understood. Disciplinary actions, when necessary, should be administered in a way that is consistent with the coaching approach of the business. Good technical understanding of manufacturing, general or chemical engineering or food technology. MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR’s have proficient mechanical skills and display excellent personal qualities.
Provide the governance function for a cluster of semi-autonomous teams, delivering management and leadership support for performance monitoring, overtime allocation, working patterns and dispute resolution. The MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR retainsresponsibility for the Technical Operators and Reliability Specialist within the semi-autonomous team.
Leading improvement projects for operational processes, MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORs have a strong understanding of the end to end manufacturing process. This includes the chemical and electro-mechanical processes and controls. She/he is able to interpret technical diagnostics, identify key issues and process risks. MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORs possess the leadership skills to act with speed and rigor.
She/he understands the factory’s financial situation and uses their training in WCM methodologies and IP processes to drive the semi-autonomous team’s work to counter losses and eradicate waste. They lead project work to support factory initiatives. Skills for problem solving, coaching and innovating are central to the role.
Provides a common standard of communication and engagement across the factory. They liaise closely with the core factory functions, including Manufacturing, HR, Quality and Safety to achieve this.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Maintenance Specific Requirements· Can operate on days or shifts as factory requirements demand.· Scheduling, training, and supervision of Maintenance Technicians.· Communicate with manufacturing department regarding issues that need to be addressed by the maintenance department.· Coordinate, with production and freezer/warehouse departments, changeovers and moving of equipment to storage.· Work with CAD operator on design specification drawings for parts.· Work with vendors and contractors.· Coach/train Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance functions and troubleshooting of machinery in order to reduce downtime and maximize efficiencies.· Develop and follow established standard operating procedures for safety, health, environment, and production.· WCM advancement across the facility.· Actively participate in the PM Pillar, and be the link between the PM and EEM Pillars.· Troubleshoot Facility/Mix Room/Production PLC and electrical problems, making changes as needed.· Supervise/manage/direct/ schedule all activities for Maintenance Technicians.· Coordinate Weekend/Shut-Down maintenance functions.· Other activities as assigned.
- You’re a born leader:Demonstrated leadership of technical teams solving problems as a group. Overcoming technical challenges is personally motivating and you share that motivation to generate enthusiasm within your teams.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it:Does delivering against challenging goals and a sense of accomplishment drive your satisfaction?
- You’re a teacher:Do you value mentorship, both receiving for personal development and delivering as coaching within your teams? Demonstrated success building a structure for skill development and cultivating teams that intrinsically value learning is foundational for high performance technical organizations.
- You’re a culture & change champion:Possess a continuous improvement mindset and a proven record of performance optimization using structure and continuous improvement tools (WCM, TPM, Lean, Etc.). Build on existing structures and establish processes for your teams to excel. Is accomplishment as part of a team more fulfilling than contribution as an individual?
What You’ll Need To Succeed
· Experience of applying preventative maintenance and autonomous maintenance strategies within a manufacturing, general engineering or food technology environment.
·Must be able to analyze factory and technical processes in order to identify opportunities for performance improvement. Strong coaching skills are a pre-requisite; enquiring, supportive, challenging
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Sikeston-Sikeston Business, Tech Park
Shift: Night Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000BSU