Expedia Software Development Engineer II in Springfield, Missouri
Software Development Engineer II (Java)
Would you love working with a creative engineering team in building an intelligent, scalable platform? Our goal is to deliver unparalleled services and features for partners using our Travel Agent Affiliate Program (TAAP) product. We are pioneers, as one of the first teams within Expedia Group to move to the cloud back in 2010. Our codebase is wide and dynamic. We pride ourselves in our ability to adapt to multiple codebases and architectures while maintaining a scalable and resilient feature set.
As a Software Development Engineer II, you will work in a small, agile team to design, develop and maintain our TAAP product in a continuously integrated environment. You will build automated regression tests, participate in peer code reviews, and provide estimates on work. You will be asked to promote good development practices, execute superb software design, and contribute to a healthy culture.
What you will do:
- Build and own TAAP’s shopping experiences for over 30 points of sale
- Participate in resolution of production issues
- Work with teams across Expedia Group to incorporate their services into our product
- Contribute to rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code
- Craft clean code using design patterns and OO concepts, to ensure code is highly maintainable
- Technologies we use: Java, C#, Python, Kotlin, React, AWS, GraphQL, SQL, Spring, Docker, DataDog, Splunk
Who you are:
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of proven experience
- 2+ years of experience developing solid code in an object-oriented language
- Ability to work well with people and be highly self-motivated
- Committed and passionate about delivering high-quality work
- Problem solver and an excellent coder with a deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and data modeling
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 12 Days Ago
- Full time