GKN Aerospace 2nd Shift Team Leader - St. Louis, MO in St Louis, Missouri
2nd Shift Team Leader - St. Louis, MO
Apply now »
Date:Nov 18, 2020
Location:St Louis, MO, US
Company:GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
This is a 2nd Shift Role - The Team Leader is responsible for leading and directing aerospace factory employees across multi-functions and/or multi-shifts. The Team Leader will emphasize total employee involvement through team building and accountability, skill development and technical training, quality focus, cost management, delivery schedule and customer satisfaction.
• Provide daily leadership in an aerospace factory work environment and coordinate all required activities associated with an assigned product line(s), work centers and manufacturing departments.
• Develop and maintain, for the factory team, a set of clearly defined performance objectives that involve the following areas of individual and team accountability: workplace safety, quality, cost, schedule, process, attendance, cleanliness, and HAZMAT handling & disposal, housekeeping, performance measurements and timely problem resolution.
• Develop and deliver plans that meet internal and external customer schedule requirements.
• Prepare and implement plans that best optimize the use of available resources.
• Develop innovative problem resolution processes and encouraging new ideas and methods; utilize standard aerospace problem solving tools such as Root Cause Corrective Action, 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, etc.
• Ensure adequate resources are available for the team to produce products that meet established quality, schedule and delivery objectives.
• Work to ensure that we are continually improving manufacturing processes and procedures, with technical assistance from tooling, engineering, finance, and materials.
• Bachelor’s degree related discipline, or 5 years of factory supervisory experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
• 3 years of experience in leadership positions in a manufacturing environment (Lead Man, Team Leader or Supervisor).
• Must be comfortable working 2nd shift hours.
• Must have Active Secret Clearance
• Must be a US Citizen due to program security clearance requirements and/or SSA requirements.
• BSc degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering or Science discipline
• Lean or Six Sigma certification by a reputable certifying body or benchmark company
• Aerospace supply chain experience
• Excellent performance as a Team member, demonstrating rigorous adherence to standardised work, and a track record of Kaizen implementation
• A good understanding of metric driven performance management
• The demonstrated ability to influence across functional lines
• Potential to lead, coach and mentor direct reports
• An effective communicator and an influential team member
• GKN experience
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.