Washington University of St. Louis Application Developer II - Washington University Information Technology - 48659 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Washington University Information Technology. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Under minimal supervision, provide cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, modifying, and supporting existing software applications that are of a complex nature.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct work flow study and analyze of business practices:
Document existing processes as they relate to information technology solutions.
- Perform application lifecycle activities, including:
Code, monitor, maintain, test, and debug software applications.
Follow established change management processes.
Facilitate code reviews.
Develop test plan development.
Make recommendations for hardware/software solutions.
- Provide support:
Create, document, schedule, and support operational activities.
Coordinate with software vendors and external service providers.
Troubleshoot software bugs and provide fixes.
Provide off hours support, as needed.
Provide, cultivate and foster excellent customer service.
Promote adherence to departmental standards.
Act as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, plus two years relevant technology experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline.
- Five years relevant technology experience.
- Prior experience in a higher education technology environment.
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic WashU IT team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance, and expertise, as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Engaged in continuous improvement of internal processes and procedures.
- Ability to consult with clients and higher-level technicians and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to interact with customers to discuss alternative technical solutions.
- Ability to work with only minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances.
- Ability to work extra hours and recognize the need to do so.
- Ability to adjust scheduled time.
- Ability to adjust to change and demands on time.
- Required Technical Experience:
- Web application design using ASP.NET with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Microsoft SQL (T-SQL).
- Preferred Technical Experience:
- MVC and Web Forms.
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Entity Framework.
- Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Web application design using.NET Core.
The hiring range for this position is $64,854 - $84,364 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Ability to travel to on and off-campus locations.
- Ability to travel to on and off-site meetings.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Application Developer II - Washington University Information Technology - 48659
Job ID: 48659
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time