Washington University of St. Louis Applications Architect Lead - Advancement Systems Replacement Project - University Advancement - 48032 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of University Advancement. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The University Advancement systems replacement program is a multi-year program designed to improve Wash U’s operational excellence and ability to make insight driven decisions focused on University Advancement activity. ADIS is the system of record for Washington University alumni and donors, and stores biographical, relationship, transactional, research and activity data for constituents. Critical system functionality supports fundraising and engagement efforts. The University Advancement systems replacement program includes replacing ADIS with a vended, cloud solution, in addition to other identified related systems.
The Applications Architect Lead to provide application design and integrations recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy and established architectural standard which anticipates and supports future business and technical needs. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and their application to the business, in particular the Salesforce platform and applications. Responsible for work that is highly complex and varied in nature. Viewed both internally and externally as a technical expert and critical technical resource across multiple disciplines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to articulate and demonstrate the value of the architecture and new solutions to organizational imperatives.
- Utilize understanding of the mission, help to develop an overarching technology strategy that supports the organizational needs by the cost effective delivery of IT solutions.
- Has a high level of understanding of the organization's business and line of business applications and often provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services.
- Works closely with key functional partners across Advancement and other University departments and units to deliver enterprise-level applications and custom integration solutions that are reliable, scalable, and align to organizational priorities.
- Lead team to deliver aligned and agreed to technical architecture strategies and roadmaps for the organization with a bias toward reducing complexity and simplifying the environment.
- Accountable for architectures and designs that can be effectively implemented, adhere to standards, and can be efficiently operated.
- Ensure technology solutions are architected appropriately for availability, accessibility, and scalability.
- Develop complex data integration solutions between applications and platforms, ensuring proper documentation is created.
Standards and Oversight:
- Develop and implement architecture standards in collaboration with enterprise architects.
- Establish and oversee the architectural governance for the organization and align the IT portfolio with the strategies that help meet the organizational vision.
- Deliver complete application life cycle management plans.
- Assess emerging technologies and platforms for applicability to business requirements and imperatives.
- Develop an effective, consistent, and robust data integration practice, including defining best practices and development standards.
- Help to lead team of senior level application development professionals.
- Acts as an internal consultant, advocate and change agent.
- Coaches or mentors junior staff.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, information systems, engineering or a related field, plus seven years of experience in high-level information technology professional roles in one or many roles such as architect, product engineer, or product manager.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading technical design projects during all phases of development and deployment and on-going maintenance.
- Demonstrated progressive experience successfully designing, delivering, and/or supporting IT business solutions for large-scale organizations.
- Knowledge of enterprise and line-of business applications and application lifecycle.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in transforming architecture of deployed applications without business disruption.
- Experience with scripted data loader, web services, cloud or on-premise middleware and other enterprise integrating technologies.
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async.
- Ability to develop and execute on an architecture vison to minimize future maintenance challenges and anticipate future needs of the organization.
- Graduate degree in information management, management of information systems, computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Five plus years Cloud SaaS based Integration Tool experience (Mulesoft Cloudhub and Data Integration Studio).
- Experience working in a higher education research university.
- Experience with large scale application development and support models.
- Experience with best of breed application or ERP portfolio.
- Experience with technology transformation and integrating large and small package products.
- Experience with SQL database design, .NET development, web services.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications within the line of business. Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art programming languages and object-oriented approaches in designing, coding, testing and debugging programs.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues.
- Must be flexible and willing to work extended hours as necessary and recognize the need to do so.
- Ability to adjust scheduled time.
- Ability to establish staff and departmental goals and objectives that are measureable.
- Ability to adjust to abrupt changes in priorities and strategy.
- Strong diplomacy, negotiating, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated skills in project management and analysis, negotiation, systems analysis, leadership, process improvement, strategic planning.
- Ability to recognize archetypes and design patterns within applications and business processes.
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and proactively.
- Proven ability to creatively solve problems and to influence outcomes through persuasion, effective communications and relationship building.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills including ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships, influence outcomes, and to deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution.
- Ability to organize and work effectively in a matrix organization with cross-functional project teams from various departments and locations.
- Ability to drive the development of an IT application architecture strategy in support of business goals and objectives and anticipating future needs of the organization.
The hiring range for this position is $90,688 to $120,140 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
To learn more about careers in University Advancement please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Applications Architect Lead - Advancement Systems Replacement Project - University Advancement - 48032
Job ID: 48032
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time