Continental BestDrive Service Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
BestDrive Service Manager
St. Louis, MO
As a Service Manager you will manage the service activities for a busy commercial tire
& service center. The Service Manager will be involved with the operation and
maintenance of a commercial fleet repair and warehouse by performing the following
duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide general supervision to inside and outside service technicians: mounting and
balancing tires, repairing valve stems, etc.
· Running the service side of the business, dispatch, drive up, routing, inside selling,
answering phones, inventory control.
· Communicate effectively with customers and employees in assessing customer
· Meeting customer requirements for service in a timely manner.
· Ensure that work quality is maintained and tires correctly labeled.
· Quoting tire prices, including casing tradeins, accurately.
· Assist with the hiring and training of new Service Department employees.
· Provide backup to General Manager in store operations.
· Assisting the General Manager in implementing programs and procedures to ensure
the safety of associates and customers.
· Verifies equipment and merchandise on service trucks.
· Ensure that tools for shop and service trucks are replaced and/or repaired.
· Responsible for the accuracy of mileage, maintenance and fuel consumption records
on service vehicles.
· Ensures that all service vehicles have regular preventative maintenance and are in
proper operating condition.
· Maintain reasonable inventory levels of supplies and materials to maintain
uninterrupted production at varying seasonal demands.
· Maintain Hazardous Materials Book required by OSHA.
· Complete paperwork as required for inventory, payroll, accounting, etc.
· Ensure that general housekeeping responsibilities are performed.
· Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
· HS Diploma preferred. Some college or military education preferred.
· Automotive or previous tire industry experience preferred in a service capacity
· Ability to apply basic math, reading, and writing skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.