Washington University of St. Louis Biology, School of Arts & Sciences in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Biology in the School of Arts & Sciences on the Danforth Campus.
Handle all receiving duties related to the purchasing of supplies and equipment for large scientific department. Deliver items to labs in 7 buildings daily, and assist with clearing Accounts Payable matters.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Physically receive, open, and match deliveries of ordered items to pending orders. Note for follow up missing, incorrect, or damaged items on orders. Includes receipt of frozen items and live animals that require special attention and handling. Restock consignment freezers with temp sensitive received stock.
- Deliver received items to lab on daily, timely basis, and obtain required signatures for compliance.
- Complete online accounting entries for received items daily and take appropriate actions for missing, damaged, or incorrect items with vendors and Purchasing. Label and replenish stockroom inventory items.
- Deliver gas cylinders, oversee timely filling of liquid nitrogen storage tank and cylinder deliveries at two docks, assist with fleet vehicle needs and oversight, filing and photocopying as needed.
- Assist and back up Stockroom Manager and others as needed.
- Occasional accounting document entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a Missouri Class E driver's license or equivalent.
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs.
- Computer skills and ability to learn new software quickly and input data accurately.
- Ability to work well with others, follow instructions, learn and follow procedures, work with some independence, accuracy and attention to detail, use time effectively, strong interpersonal skills.
- Good attitude and communication skills to deliver excellent customer service.
- Able to handle the physical demands of the job including lengthy periods of standing, walking a mile or more daily making deliveries, handle items with appropriate care, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work, trustworthy and dependable, willingness to receive animal deliveries.
- Ability to perform work in hot or cold weather on loading docks or making deliveries. Ability to multi task effectively.
Knowledge of university financial systems, receiving experience and understanding.
The hiring range for this position is $15.99 - $19.99 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Purchasing/Receiving Assistant - Biology, School of Arts & Sciences - 41592
Job ID: 41592
Location: School of Arts & Sciences
Full/Part Time: Full-Time