Washington University of St. Louis Business and Technology Applications Analyst II - Pediatrics Computing Facility - 47806 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Computing Facility. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Employee ensures success of the project by designing the foundations of the web site environment. This includes defining both the organizational structure of the application and /or web site and the physical structure of its deployment. In these endeavors, the architect’s goal is to reduce complexity by dividing the system into clean and simple partitions. The resulting architecture is extremely important because it not only dictates how the system will be built going forward, but also establishes whether the application will exhibit the many traits that are essential for a successful project. These include its usability, whether it is reliable and maintainable, whether it meets performance and security standards, and whether it can be evolved easily in the face of changing requirements.
Provide direction and technical expertise to the Pediatric Computing Facility (PCF) Web Development team. Coordinates with WUSM Medical Public Affairs team and the BJC/SLCH Marketing teams as necessary to facilitate development of all aspects of the Department of Pediatrics online presence. Responsibilities would include design, writing, editing, and proofreading site content. On-line materials will be designed to promote recruitment of residents, fellows, and faculty; research initiatives; clinical specialties for our patients and referring physicians. Responsible for the development and updating of on-line marketing materials for the Department. Coordinates and designs electronic marketing via the Department’s web and Social Media presence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and makes relevant recommendations to customers.
- Designs the foundations of the application and /or web site, which includes defining both the organizational structure of the application and the physical structure of its deployment.
- Reduces complexity by dividing the system into clean and simple partitions.
- Addresses usability, whether application is reliable and maintainable, whether it meets performance and security standards, and whether it can be evolved easily in the face of changing requirements.
- Develops projects with wide range of size and complexity.
- Develops detailed specification documents with clear deliverables.
- Defines database and /or web site requirements, functionality and utilization.
- Designs and develops application database structure, tables, entity relationships and security privileges.
- Works with customers and designers to determine interfaces and overall user experience.
- Develop, review and integrate user interface, business logic and other elements for software and /or web based applications.
- Ensures designs make efficient use of network and database resources.
- Coordinates work with other team members for application and /or web site development and administration, network administration and database administration to ensure that architecture, functionality and design are consistent with all information technology strategies.
- Researches and evaluate new technology, products, specialized hardware and tools to optimize development and functionality of web sites and applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification or degree in computer programming from a technical school or college plus two years of relevant work experience required.
- Additional relevant programming experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for required education.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to organize and follow complex and/or detailed technical procedures. Ability to work independently and performs job with minimal supervision.
- Project Management: Ability to contribute ideas and collaborate with others to meet project goals
- Technical Knowledge: Competent to work on all phases of web based systems analysis, solution development and development without guidance.
- Required: Proven knowledge and proficiency with .NetNuke, WordPress, and video production software/techniques.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Agile methodologies, Software as a Service (SaaS), Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), C# and/or VB.Net. Design Patterns, Microsoft IIS, software/techniques.
- Technical Solution Development: Knowledge of standard operating procedures to implement routine solutions of low to medium complexity for customer.
- Ability to develop logical flow of simple applications.
- Knowledge of the design of input/output and file specifications.
- Ability to evaluate code and its functionality and recommend or make changes to improve performance of simple applications.
- Technical Support: Ability to resolve some non-routine problems.
- Consultancy Skills: Ability to understand user needs as communicated and translate that to necessary code modifications to existing solutions based on an on-going customer reviews and communication.
The hiring range for this position is $64,854 - $84,364 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Standard computer department working environment with standing, walking and lifting less than 50 pounds required.
- All work performed at customer site unless otherwise requested.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Business and Technology Applications Analyst II - Pediatrics Computing Facility - 47806
Job ID: 47806
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time