Washington University of St. Louis Cell Biology and Physiology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Cell Biology and Physiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs, oversees and coordinates research projects. Oversees entire laboratory setting to promote smooth operation, regulatory compliance and interaction with other laboratories.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With principal investigator, designs, performs and evaluates research procedures.
- Assists with grant preparation and journal article submission.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures. Provides comprehensive direction to laboratory personnel.
- Hires, trains and evaluates the performance of laboratory personnel.
- Oversees and directs all support activities of the lab including human resources, budgets, facility maintenance, purchasing, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain current capabilities, quality and standards.
Master’s degree with 5 years of experience in research lab operations or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 12 years required.
- Preferably has experience in protein expression and purification, molecular cloning and/or cell culture.
- Experience with imaging, and analysis of ImageJ are considered a plus.
- Comfortable working with electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Analytical and problem solving research skills.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel and for technical publications.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a diverse environment.
The hiring range for this position is $53,830 - $72,675 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Laboratory Manager - Cell Biology and Physiology - 41180
Job ID: 41180
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time