Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Laboratory Technologist II - Clinical Trials Unit - 49825 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases Clinical Trials Unit. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position performs routine and/or special molecular assay on blood, body fluids, and solid tissue; assists with all technical aspects of clinical and research studies and experiments, including preparation of materials and all appropriate documentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs high-complexity assays according to laboratory standard operating procedures, including instrument maintenance and assay troubleshooting; may perform special assays with supervision by the laboratory manager.
- Recognizes problem situations and participates in problem solving; informs laboratory manager of unusual situations and requests technical assistance.
- Assists with validation of new assays; compiles data for supervisory review; utilizes specific analysis, database, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
- Complies with all regulatory and client requirements for testing and documentation.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures and regulatory policies.
- Coordinates and maintains ordering of all reagents, consumables, and other regularly used office supplies.
- Assists with education and training of laboratory personnel with regard to laboratory procedures and compliance of established regulatory procedures.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of assay methods, clinical relevance, and standard operating procedures; participates in relevant continuing education programs and seminars.
- Assists laboratory manager with other duties and special projects as needed.
- Performs initial statistical analysis and review of data; prepares initial result reports for supervisory review.
- Master’s degree with two years of experience or a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of laboratory experience.
- ASCP certified or eligible for certification within one year.
- Clinical lab experience highly preferred.
- Experience processing specimens highly preferred.
- Medical Tech certification and clinical lab processing experience highly preferred.
- Ability to process PBMCs and leukopaks.
- Understanding of clinic trial research process and procedures.
- Ability to learn a detailed specimen management system.
The hiring range for this position is $23.14 - $28.93 per hour
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position has an occasional on call requirement.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Technologist II - Clinical Trials Unit - 49825
Job ID: 49825
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time