Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Study Assistant II - Anesthesiology - 51187 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Under the direction of the PI, the Clinical Research Study Assistant II will be expected to participate in clinical research study activities. Activities will include obtaining consent, data collection, documentation, organizing and reporting of research data.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in recruitment of study participants as identified in related protocol; visits with study participants to explain study, screens for eligibility and obtains informed consent of participants.
- Completes all necessary paperwork/documentation according to study protocol; obtains consent and interviews study subjects/schedules/follow-up.
- Collects data from study participants, medical records, interviews, observations, questionnaires, and other sources; performs evaluation and interpretation of collected data, reports on preliminary findings .
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the PI such as literature reviews, IRB protocol, and preparation of manuscripts and summary reports.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the PI or research team.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification plus two years of administrative or research experience, preferably in a medical environment; Associate degree or two years of college may substitute for experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Clinical research experience and knowledge of medical terminology.
- Psychology, statistics, or healthcare-related background.
- Interest in medical informatics and/or patient safety research.
- Scientific writing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills with medical professionals.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Proactive learner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and REDCap database and surveys.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Study Assistant II - Anesthesiology - 51187
Job ID: 51187
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time