IBM Content Designer, Quantum Team in St Louis, Missouri
IBM Services is looking for a Content Designer to add to the design team. You’d be part of the GBS Strategic Design Team whose mission is to leverage design to transform the way IBM Services works and interacts with our clients. You’d collaborate on a variety of high-priority projects within IBM Services to design experiences for our internal teams and our clients to help make key initiatives like Quantum successful. You’ll function as a key member of a multi-disciplinary squad focused on using design thinking and service design practices to create and iterate on these pivotal experiences.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Conceive and execute strategic content consistent with agreed upon strategy.
• Responsible for original concepts that demonstrate clear, concise and convincing writing with grammatical and material accuracy.
• Develop concepts and/or content, producing scripts, concept decks and final copy as required.
• See work through to production/publishing.
• Engage in content development initiatives focused on building employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise through coaching and development of training course material.
• Work with design team to understand research, develop insights, and plot a strategic direction forward to create delightful user experiences.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Excellent creative, conceptual, communication, facilitation and problem-solving skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate.
• The ability to articulate alternative approaches.
• Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills.
• Empathetic and attuned to users’ needs, motivations and behaviors.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary.
• Must also be able to work productively and harmoniously as a teammate with design leads, content leads, visual designers and copywriters who share the responsibility on the given assignment.
• Natural curiosity and comfort with ambiguity accompanied by an extreme willingness for continuous learning.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 4+ years of content design, copy writing or technical writing
• Portfolio that displays strong writing work
• Fluency in English.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.