IBM Enterprise Networking Specialist in St Louis, Missouri
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Enterprise Networking Specialist in IBM’s next-gen network and edge computing practice you will participate in the design and implementation of software-defined network technology in large and complex enterprise environments. SDN is transforming enterprise IT environments by introducing agility in configuration, control and management, and providing the foundation for hybrid multi-cloud connectivity. Clients are making substantial investments to transform their networks to software-defined and making them the centerpiece of their journey to cloud. You will bring strong technical knowledge to help guide these projects to success.
• You will implement enterprise-grade networking solutions across the data-center, campus, wide-area, Wi-Fi, LTE / 5G, edge, and cloud.
• Understand client requirements and develop innovative solutions to address them.
• Work with Senior Architects to achieve client objectives and create client deliverables.
• Integrate automation and orchestration in the above designs, use network automation techniques to reduce repetitive workload and improve project efficiency.
• Explore novel approaches to system integration between new and existing networking technologies.
• Create repeatable processes, detailed documentation, and artifacts that will be used at scale to develop and evolve enterprise technologies.
• Work with Engineering teams to define detailed solutioning methodologies as well as providing expertise and guidance.
• Interface with customers on all technical matters of lab trials, testing, and deployments.
• Work with cross-functional teams (network, cloud, software, computer) to ensure integration requirements and meet customer acceptance criteria.
• Propose new, creative solutions for complex, system-wide problems.
Nice to have skills :
• Demonstrated competency and knowledge of Linux operating systems such as Red Hat, Ubuntu, or others; containerization platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes; and virtualization technologies such as VMWare and KVM.
• Familiarity with network security, Dev-Ops, Dev-Sec-Ops, Dev-Net-Ops.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2+ years of experience in deploying and documenting enterprise networking solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: datacenter networking (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Juniper, etc.), campus networking (Cisco, Aruba, etc.), wide area networking (Velocloud, Versa, Viptela, etc.), Enterprise wireless networking (Cisco, Aruba, Ruckus, etc.), and / or cloud networking (AWS, Azure, Google, IBM).
• English language proficiency at technical writing, ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to subject experts and non-experts alike.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Cisco CCNP certification (CCIE Preferred RS, DC, or enterprise).
• Experience in designing and developing large-scale systems.
• Experience with system-level testing and performance evaluation of network solutions and familiarity with related tools.
• Experience with wireless networking including Wi-Fi and cellular networking technologies.
• Experience working in multiple industries.
• 1+ years experience leading teams of other technical subject matter experts.
• Solution mind-set: ability to connect the dots to conceptualize a solution, value proposition and create blueprints.
• Demonstrated competency and knowledge of the Python programming language.
• Experience in shell scripting and network automation platforms such as Ansible, AWX, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or others.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.